- To undertake half termly school council meetings with the Head teacher
- To define key projects across the year and set actions to achieve goals
- To host key events and to represent the school
Here are minutes from recent meetings:
- School Council Minutes 5th Dec 2018
- School Council Minutes 6th Nov 2018
- School Council Minutes 2nd Oct 2018
- School Council Minutes 17th July 2018
- School Council Minutes 14th June 2018
- School Council Minutes 25th May 2018
- School Council Minutes 18th Mar 2018
- School Council Minutes 5th Mar 2018
- School Council Minutes 10th Jan 2018
Junior Travel Ambassadors
- To promote road safety within school
- To attend Bromley road safety events
- To give road safety messages in assembly
- To support healthy travel to school
- To support staff in ensuring efficient and effective lunchtimes
- To undertake key roles including checking pupils have eaten a balanced lunch, pouring and re-filling water, helping with clearing, checking in pupils and talking with pupils
- To develop understanding of food and how things grow
- To take responsibility for ensuing the school garden is well maintained
- To attend community events to sell produce and to exhibit produce
- To work alongside the RE Subject Leader
- To help to create a prayerful environment at school
- To organise and lead whole school and class liturgies
- To proclaim the Wednesday Word
- Set the example by always having the correct PE kit.
- Support teachers in setting up and tidying away the equipment..
- Support teachers in showing children how to complete the activities in lessons.
- Be responsible for using the iPad to take photographs during lessons.
- Ensure the PE cupboard is tidy and well organised.
- Provide high quality play experiences for all pupils during lunchtime within a happy and caring environment.
- Be responsible for promoting positive play experiences and opportunities for the children during the lunchtime break
- Encourage, support and foster positive relationships between children by providing positive and active play experiences and opportunities
- Show leadership qualities that demonstrate a good knowledge of the activity that they are leading and an awareness of the children's needs that they are working with.
- To be a good role model for younger children at lunchtimes and playtimes.
- Set up playground tasks.
- Teach children new games and skills.
- Make sure children who look or feel 'left out' are asked to join in a game.
- Choose new playground equipment.
- Run tournaments.
- Help with sports events during the annual Sports Week.
- To help children to express how they are feeling, talk about their problems and work out a solution for themselves.
- To support children in finding their own solutions.
- To be fair and not take sides.
- To give time and effort to keep mediation running.
- Ensure the library remains tidy and books are filed in the correct place
- Check book displays each day to ensure bookshelves are tidy
- Promote reading diaries and the importance of reading each day
Breakfast Club and After School Club Ambassadors
- To support in the planning of activities
- To support in the delivery of activities
- To be role models before and after school
- To be involved in the weekly school newsletter