Vision Statement for Primary PE and Sport Premium
We encourage every child to lead a healthy lifestyle and participate in regular physical activity both inside and outside of school hours as well as achieve high standards in performance. In doing so, we aim to change young people’s lives for the better.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and Sport at St James’. To include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity thus kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
(afPE Vision & Objective, Jan 2015)
Primary PE & Sports Premium Overview
The Government is providing funding for a third academic year to enhance the availability and quality of PE and Sports provision. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – and will see money going directly to Primary Schools to spend on improving the quality of physical education and sport for all school pupils.
The funding is ring-fenced with the school able to choose how it is spent in accordance to the identification of specific interests and needs. Accountability for the grant aid rests with all primary schools with the added responsibility of reporting online both spend and impact so that the wider community is able to assess performance levels of regional primary teaching establishments.
St James’ is committed to ensuring that the Primary PE & Sports Premium funding is allocated to high quality, sustainable initiatives that address the following key areas:
- Staff professional development including Subject Leader Management
- Improved PE & Sport-specific resourcing
- Raised participation levels within curricular and extra-curricular activities including intra & inter competition
- Improved knowledge; skills and understanding related to health and fitness
- Increased learning opportunities associated with healthy diet and nutrition
- 30.1.18 Year 5 & 6 Hockey Tournament click here.
- 31.10.17 – 8.12.17 Sports Achievements click here.
- 12.10.17 Well done to our Year 6 Girls' football team who took part in a tournament at Southborough yesterday. Mr Copeland commented on how brilliantly they played and how they spent most of each match in their opponent's half! The girls only needed to score one more goal to make it into the finals, but sadly that were unable to find the net. A great effort girls!
It was great to hear this week that Molly Mooney Clarke and Grace Gibson in Year 6 have been selected to play girls’ football for the Orpington and Bromley District. Well done. We are very proud of you both.
- 3.10.17 Year 5 and 6 Mixed Netball Tournament – Well done to our two netball teams that represented us in the School Games in netball.
Our A Team won all three of their games to finish top of their group. Our B Team drew one and won two, which also left them top of their group. Both teams have now qualified for the borough finals in November.
Well done to you all - a fantastic achievement!
And well done to Mrs Byrne, Mrs Wright and Mrs Poulton for their continued hard work with the team.
- 3.10.17 Year 5 and 6 District Football Tournament – This was the first time the boys have played together as a team competitively. They faced tough opposition and managed a win out of their four games. Their losses were to a single late goal each time! A promising start to the season!
- 26.09.17 Well done to all the children involved in the KS1 Football Tournament on Tuesday. With only one defeat and plenty of score draws the newly recruited team did St James' proud once again!
- 03.05.17 School Games Award click here
- 03.05.17 Sports Leaders and KS1 Multiskills Festival click here
- 24.04.17 Year 5 & 6 Basketball click here
- 25.04.17 Year 3 & 4 Mini Tennis click here.
- 21.3.17 Year 3 & 4; Year 5 & 6 Gymnastics Tournament click here.
- 11.3.17 Cross Country Championship click here.
- 21.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Tag Rugby click here.
- 21.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Tag Rugby click here.
- 14.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Hockey click here.
27.9.16 KS1 Football click here.