Please also see our newsletters for information about the exciting events that enrich our curriculum each week.
- 30.1.18 Year 5 & 6 Hockey Tournament click here.
- 31.10.17 – 8.12.17 Sports Achievements click here.
- 12.10.17 Well done to our Year 6 Girls' football team who took part in a tournament at Southborough yesterday. Mr Copeland commented on how brilliantly they played and how they spent most of each match in their opponent's half! The girls only needed to score one more goal to make it into the finals, but sadly that were unable to find the net. A great effort girls!
It was great to hear this week that Molly Mooney Clarke and Grace Gibson in Year 6 have been selected to play girls’ football for the Orpington and Bromley District. Well done. We are very proud of you both.
- 3.10.17 Year 5 and 6 Mixed Netball Tournament – Well done to our two netball teams that represented us in the School Games in netball.
Our A Team won all three of their games to finish top of their group. Our B Team drew one and won two, which also left them top of their group. Both teams have now qualified for the borough finals in November.
Well done to you all - a fantastic achievement!
And well done to Mrs Byrne, Mrs Wright and Mrs Poulton for their continued hard work with the team.
- 3.10.17 Year 5 and 6 District Football Tournament – This was the first time the boys have played together as a team competitively. They faced tough opposition and managed a win out of their four games. Their losses were to a single late goal each time! A promising start to the season!
- 26.09.17 Well done to all the children involved in the KS1 Football Tournament on Tuesday. With only one defeat and plenty of score draws the newly recruited team did St James' proud once again!
- 03.05.17 School Games Award click here
- 03.05.17 Sports Leaders and KS1 Multiskills Festival click here
- 24.04.17 Year 5 & 6 Basketball click here
- 25.04.17 Year 3 & 4 Mini Tennis click here.
- 21.3.17 Year 3 & 4; Year 5 & 6 Gymnastics Tournament click here.
- 11.3.17 Cross Country Championship click here.
- 21.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Tag Rugby click here.
- 21.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Tag Rugby click here.
- 14.2.17 Year 5 & 6 Hockey click here.
27.9.16 KS1 Football click here.
What We've Been Doing
Year 3 in the Autumn Term 2017
Year 3 enjoyed a trip to The Royal Naval College in November. It helped us to begin to learn about the Ancient Greeks.
We climbed over 70 steps to look at the ceilings of the Painted Halls and were very lucky to be able to get so close.
We also used the Victorian Skittle Gallery for a quick game before lunch. In the afternoon we made masks that represented some of the characters from the Greek Myths we are learning about now in class. Come in to our classroom to see them as they are currently on display!
Year 5 at the London Planetarium
NSPCC workshop with Year 5 and Year 6
A representative from The Passage visited KS2 children to talk about the charity that we were able to support at Christmas. The RE Ambassadors were able to present them with a cheque for £852.95 from collections raised at the KS1 Nativity Play and the KS2 Advent Concert. The charity's aim is to provide support to homeless people to help them transform their lives
Faith In Action Award
The Faith in Action Award is launched for a second year by the Bromley Deanery!
Teacher of the Hindu Faith visits St James'
St James' supports Diabetes UK with Onesie Day!
Our School Garden
Jo Johnson, our local MP, visits St James' and opens our new school garden.
KS2 Advent Concert at St James' Church
Year 2 Forest School
Year 6 Explore Learning
Year 6 CAFOD Visit
Year 6 at Aylesford Priory
What we are doing in Reception Class
No images found.
Year 4 Autumn Term 2017
In Year 4, our Topic for the autumn term was the Roman Empire. We learnt about Roman housing, how they lived and all about the significant impact that they had on Britain and the way we now live. We went on an amazing class trip to The Lullingstone Roman Villa to help develop our understanding and this was a great success!
17.10.17 Lisa Weeks - Good Morning from Liddington!
We have all been having a fabulous few days with lots of exhausting activities! There have been huge achievements made by so many children, many laughs and loads of memories made.
Today, like yesterday, is going to be a soggy one so please be prepared when it comes to washing this weekend!! Despite the rain, everyone has kept smiley and determined.
We don't want to tempt fate, but for the last two nights every child has been in bed and asleep by 10pm and slept through until we have been forced to rudely awaken them in the morning at around 7am (and that bit we secretly enjoy!)
See you all tomorrow afternoon - We will start the cascade when we are about an hour away with an eta!
Bye for now!
Mrs Connolly, Mrs Wakefield & Mrs O'Neill