Vision Statement for Primary PE and Sport Premium
We encourage every child to lead a healthy lifestyle and participate in regular physical activity both inside and outside of school hours as well as achieve high standards in performance. In doing so, we aim to change young people’s lives for the better.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and Sport at St James’. To include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity thus kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
(afPE Vision & Objective, Jan 2015)
Primary PE & Sports Premium Overview
The Government is providing funding for a third academic year to enhance the availability and quality of PE and Sports provision. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – and will see money going directly to Primary Schools to spend on improving the quality of physical education and sport for all school pupils.
The funding is ring-fenced with the school able to choose how it is spent in accordance to the identification of specific interests and needs. Accountability for the grant aid rests with all primary schools with the added responsibility of reporting online both spend and impact so that the wider community is able to assess performance levels of regional primary teaching establishments.
St James’ is committed to ensuring that the Primary PE & Sports Premium funding is allocated to high quality, sustainable initiatives that address the following key areas:
- Staff professional development including Subject Leader Management
- Improved PE & Sport-specific resourcing
- Raised participation levels within curricular and extra-curricular activities including intra & inter competition
- Improved knowledge; skills and understanding related to health and fitness
- Increased learning opportunities associated with healthy diet and nutrition